Xavier (he/him) is a fourth-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Sociology that studies private policing and the reproduction of inequality in the United States, with a particular emphasis on private campus police forces. In addition to his research, he is committed to supporting underrepresented students in the academy, from scholarship assistance to interview prep. As of June 2021, Xavier has helped students earn more than one million dollars through the NAVCAL program. In his free time, he enjoys musical theatre, baking banana bread, and reading science fiction.
- Social Science Matrix Research Fellow
- Berkeley Empirical Legal Studies Fellow
- NSF Graduate Research Fellow
- Institute for the Study of Societal Issues Fellow
- Berkeley Graduate Research Fellow
Private Policing, Urban Sociology, and Political Sociology