Nicole is a bay-area native and recent graduate of UC Berkeley. She earned a Bachelor of Arts in History in 2022. Nicole was part of many different communities here at Cal, a re-entry student, NavCal and Nav2Cal femtor, system impacted underground scholar (USI), 1st generation, low income, historically underrepresented cultures, EOP, and DSP. As a student, she researched with the sociology department to bring attention to the stigma attached to formerly incarcerated students and the socioeconomic effect it has on their future employment. She was also the 20-21 co-chair leader of the USI student organization. Nicole's goal in life is to give back to the communities that helped get her here and find connections that will nurture her continued success at Cal. As a future educator, she intends to impact the way history is taught to our children.
Accolades as a Student:
- Marco Antonio Firebaugh Scholars Program Recipient
- Crankstart Re-entry Scholarship Recipient
- Osher Re-entry Scholarship Recipient (x2)
- Cal Alumni Leadership Scholarship Recipient
- DSP Tech Grant Recipient
- Paid research position with the UC Berkeley Sociology Department
- Paid Internship with Experience Berkeley Transfer Application Support Program
- Co-Chair Leader of the Underground Scholars Initiative
- Panelist for the Sociology Department Professional Development Series "Navigating the Academy as a URM student"