Karla Foster is a 4th-year transfer student from Southern California currently a studying Legal Studies. She is a student parent of four children: ages 4 to 14 and the head of household. She is a proud Mexican immigrant, re-entry, 1st-generation, DSP, EOP student and NavCal mentor. She continues to fight against all obstacles, and plans to attend a top tier law school after her time here at Cal. Karla plans to fight against the injustices marginalized individuals face and become their source and ally they can trust and build from— and be an example to both her children and her community that anything is possible.
- Recently accepted into the UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy in addition to being awarded a $20,000 scholarship!
- Public Service Center Peter E. Haas Leaders Fellowship Recipient
- Cal Alumni Leadership Award Recipient
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund Recipient
- UC Berkeley Delegate — lobbied Congress in Washington DC
- Berkeley Law Admissions Assistant
- San Francisco Bar Association Intern
- LSAC/LSAT fee waiver & DSP accommodations honored
- Paid Undergrad Research Apprentice Program - Policy Team with Dr. Harding
- Received 4 Letters of Rec