Nav2Cal Mentor, NavCal Mentor
Justin Hogenauer (he/him) is a fourth-year undergraduate pursuing simultaneous degrees in Society & Environment and Business Administration at the University of California, Berkeley. He joined as a Nav2Cal Intern during Summer 2021 and has continued to serve as a NavCal Mentor ever since. As a student raised by a single mother in a low-income household, Justin relates to the challenges of affording college and spends his available time supporting the next generation of rising scholars.
In addition, Justin is active in Berkeley's Air Force ROTC, serving as the training squadron commander, and was recently awarded a coveted pilot slot. He is also an undergraduate academic peer advisor for the Rausser College of Natural Resources and the Student Director for the Cal Alumni Association Board of Directors. As a Boren and Gilman Scholar, Justin plans to take intensive Thai language courses next year and study global affairs at Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand. With career aspirations to serve as an Air Force pilot, he looks forward to using his lived experience, multidisciplinary education, and foreign language skills to bring a more diverse perspective into the U.S. military.
- NOAA Research Assistant through the Fung Fellowship
- Public Service Center (PSC) Peter E. Haas Leaders Recipient '19-'20
- Southern California Edison Intern
- Air Force ROTC In-College Scholarship Recipient
- APIA Scholar
- Boren Scholar (Thailand)
- Gilman Scholar (Thailand)
- CAA Achievement Award '18-'22+ Leadership Award '18-'19 & '19-'20
- EOP Achievement Award
- Cal NERDS Lana Fukasawa Community Leadership Undergraduate Award
- ASUC Outstanding Student Recognition Award
- ASUC Textbook Scholarship Recipient
- Received 6 Letters of Recommendation so far