Andrew is a 3rd-year transfer student from Pasadena City College and is currently a Political Science major. His goal is to do a PhD/JD joint program at a Yale or Harvard. He is a Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholar who’s also a first-generation, EOP, DSP student. He previously grew up in Section 8 housing and has suffered from homelessness. He decided to come to Cal because it was the best financial and geographical option for him, but also to gain the knowledge he must gain in order to leave an impact on the world. He wants to get into politics in the future so he can represent the interests of his community at higher levels. He has dedicated every single part of his life in order to leave a legacy that will forever change the course of those that are marginalized by the political system.
- Presented to Congress this Spring 2021!!
- NavCal Student Facilitator Position
- Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Golden Heights Project
- Ronald E. McNair Scholars Research Program Recipient
- Public Policy Leadership Conference Fellow—Harvard Kennedy School
- Funded Research Position with Professor Gabriel Lenz
- Justice Corps Fellow Recipient
- Legal Intern for the Phillips Black Project
- UnidosUS Lideres Avanzando Fellowship Recipient
- Chicanx Latinx Alumni Association Covid-Relief Fund Recipient
- Penn State Explore Law Program Fellow
- Started therapy; has made genuine progress
- Received 3 Letter of Recommendation so far